In this webinar Andrew Rush, Rory Abel and Sarah Lester look at some of the issues involved with these topics, which most parties involved in a construction project will be aware of to at least some extent:
- What is the difference between an assignment and a novation?
- What is an ab initio novation? You may not have heard the expression but almost certainly the novations you sign are this type.
- What clauses to look out for in a novation?
- What is an assignment by way of security?
- What is factoring – is it something you remember from your maths lessons, or is it an assignment of debts / invoices?
While naturally we try and make sure what we say in our webinars is accurate, it shouldn’t be relied upon on its own, and it is no substitute for legal advice. If you have a query, please contact us and we’d be happy to discuss it with you.