Whenever we ask what do people want a talk on, we always get some people saying collateral warranties (although it may just be the same people each time of course!). So, by popular demand, a recording of our webinar which aimed to make this dull topic not-so-dull is now available to watch below, via our YouTube channel.
Collateral warranties are one of those documents that you either have to sign, expect to receive, or have to manage – so it is important to understand the whys and wherefores of them. This webinar tries to make it interesting, and deals with questions such as:
- What is the difference between third party rights and collateral warranties?
- Do you know why you have to give collateral warranties?
- Do you know which particular clauses are important for insurers?
- What position should you adopt on step-in rights?
- Can you bring an adjudication under a collateral warranty?
For a copy of the slides and documents which accompanied this webinar, please contact us.
While naturally we try and make sure what we say in our webinars is accurate, it shouldn’t be relied upon on its own, and it is no substitute for legal advice. If you have a query, please contact us and we’d be happy to discuss it with you.